24.10.10

The Secret of Life

I'm sitting here trying to do my homework when the song Secret of Life by Faith Hill starts playing. I know I've heard this song before, but today it really connected with me on a different level. It made me think about my last post and also how I have a tendency to question the meaning of life-am i doing it right? am i fulfilling "my purpose"? What is "my purpose"? Faith Hill inspired me to make this list:


the secret of living is a good cup of coffee
the secret of living is a rainy Sunday morning 
the secret of living is smiling at a random person on the street 
it's the song that comes on your ipod and makes you break out in a dance
it's the night spent talking with a good friend about the most random thoughts 
the secret of living is a beautiful woman 
the secret of living is the warmth of the sun surrounding your body 
it's the arms of a loved one wrapped around you in a hug
it's waking up early to see the sun rise
or going to bed late after trying to make the day linger
the secret of living is a bouquet of flowers 
the secret of living is Saturday morning spent at the farmer's market
it's the thought-provoking moments
it's the laughter that never ends after watching a good movie
the secret of living is the feeling of happiness
anger, sadness, passion, heartbreak, joy, balance, fear,
it's love 

The secret of living is everything and nothing. It's all around us everyday. But it's not a secret. 


No comments:

Post a Comment