28.12.09

"The more I see of man, the more I like dogs."

Sometimes they stink, eat your stuff or are just plain annoying. No, I'm not talking about children. I refer to the animals of the world that we regard as our friends. Even though I consider myself anti-animal captivity, I truly love pets. My cat is laying here on my stomach, not asking anything of me accept a reassuring scratch behind the ears every few minutes; I keep thinking about how awesome it is to have a bond with such a beautiful little creature. They don't judge you when you have a bad day or make a stupid decision. They don't care how much money you have, what kind of clothes you wear, whether or not you can sing well, or how much you weigh. If you give them love, you'll get it in return. Unconditional, constant, and pure love.

Some people say that pets only love us because we feed them, I don't think that is any more true than saying that the sun is blue. I haven't been home for a month, therefore I have not been the hand that feeds my two gorgeous cats in quite a while. Despite this, Sassy has slept on my stomach every night this week, purring and not even attempting to run away when I try to push her off. I feel her heart beating as she slowly falls asleep and am repeatedly amazed at the level of trust she has in me.



I think that we get pets to take care of, but in the end, they are the ones who take care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment